[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
 Pressluftjunkies.net • Thema anzeigen - 1/42 Scale Alfa. Help advice
Aktuelle Zeit: 28. März 2024, 21:28

Forum gesperrtAntwort erstellen Seite 1 von 1   [ 8 Beiträge ]
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: 1/42 Scale Alfa. Help advice
BeitragVerfasst: 2. Oktober 2011, 21:41 
Hello All,

I've had this Alfa for awhile now> http://s181686668.onlinehome.us/phpBB3/ ... ca220119f6

It's been put off due to family problems. I'm now ready to make a start on building her. I would like to go the Compressed air system and use trim tanks as per the subs on here.

The Boat is 80" x 9" After speaking with Andy about this
Thanks for the link Andy.
I'm now looking at using 200mm kg tube if i can squeeze it in.
I've received very accurate plans from Russia, Which sadly show the boat to be inaccurate, However given that this hull was produced in the nineties information was scarce. All i can do is try to transfer as much detail as possible onto Hull.

I really need some Help/Guidance with this Air compressed setup as i have never utilised this system before.
How it goes together whats required where to source commercial parts, The usual questions a new guy has.

I look forward to any comments, suggestions

Kindest regards
adam

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: 1/42 Scale Alfa. Help advice
BeitragVerfasst: 2. Oktober 2011, 23:59 
Hi all, I've had a look into the Tube size i'm a little unsure if 200mm will work.
I should manage 180mm. I will check this and confirm.

Im curious regarding Air compressor, Where to source??
Also an Air reservoir would this be suitable for application??
Dimensions are in pdf file on site> http://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/pneumatic ... neumatics/
I looked at the 2litre version.

adam

BeitragVerfasst: 3. Oktober 2011, 15:49 
Site Admin

Pressluftboote im Bau:
Hi Adam,

the best way would be a drawing of the shape. Then it is possible to find out which tube size is suitable. It must be a good combination of diameter and length of the tube. Your model is 228mm width, I'm pretty sure that a 200mm tube will not fit at all.

Currently, I don't know a source for the air compressors. Maybe someone else?

Best Regards

Andy

BeitragVerfasst: 3. Oktober 2011, 20:17 
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the welcome and the link to this site,

I'm Actually thinking about either scratchbuilding an Alfa using the plans from Russia, and shelving the Alfa hull i've currently got sitting here.
I would be able to then build to size required for using optimum tube.
I could just attempt to reshape what i have here before procceding with the build i'm not sure!!

What do you think??

Also another link to air receivers>
http://www.airlines-pneumatics.co.uk/we ... ?SubCAT=64

Regards
adam

BeitragVerfasst: 3. Oktober 2011, 21:59 
Site Admin

Pressluftboote im Bau:
Sorry Adam, I've got this wrong. I read your initial posing again and take a look at the picture of the hull (didn't saw that before). For me, it seams that the hull is cuted lengthwise. If so, you have a problem. Not with the middle section, but of course with bow and stern. This must be a complete hull because we use "dry hulls".

Ok, it's not a problem at all because you can laminate upper and lower parts together. But for bow and stern it have to be strong.

Is there any drawing available of YOUR hull? Just to play around in CAD to see what we have and were we are?

About the air receivers: #3 looks good to me. But to know the size we have to know the volume of the main ballast tank first.

Markus (I hope he read this). How long are your tube of the Ula-Class? The diameter is 180 isn't it? Maybe we can use the design of this submarine. Lothar, any commends about this project?

Best regards

Andy

BeitragVerfasst: 3. Oktober 2011, 22:08 
ok,

why not getting russian.... :(

The pipe of the Ula is 180 diameter at a length of 1305 mm.

But the main ballast of the Alfas has to be a bit more forward I believe...

Regards

Lothar

BeitragVerfasst: 3. Oktober 2011, 23:29 
Thanks Gents,

If you look in pic the hull is split in centre full length.

Also further down the pic's you will see what i have so far> It's wtc for drive motor

It has a Graupner 720 torque and a Darke horse of australia 3.1 Epicylic gearbox. However there is more than enough space for larger motor. Or perhaps Brushless outrunner from Robbe 212 as it's 1/40 scale and can turn a resonable size prop.

Bit of back ground. Since i emailed Lothar, I was originally planning on building as a wet hull with possibly 825ml piston tanks either end of the 1100mm cylinder module.
But i've decided to go the dry hull route and do the Compressed air route.

Also i have 2 other subs sitting waiting to be built but they will be wet hull type. Scaleships 1/96 Akula. And Sheerline 1/64 Trafalgar.

Andy i've sent you a pm with my email> i will forward all refrence's i have for the Alfa to yourself incl waht cad files i have.

Thanks for the info and help so far.
Almost forgot> http://www.smartproducts.com/pumps_air_pumps.php
No idea of price per unit though.

regards
adam

BeitragVerfasst: 5. Oktober 2011, 12:29 
Hi Lothar,

Lothar the sail on Alfa is further forward.
I wonder if it's possible to have the MBT central using trim tanks of course,
And then utilise something along the lines of this> http://www.engel-modellbau.eu/catalog/p ... 93hd1ndmr1

Which could then be mounted on top of pressure vessel/Tube under sail/conning tower??

Regards
adam

Forum gesperrtAntwort erstellen Seite 1 von 1   [ 8 Beiträge ]